Horsemen of Judgment Keep

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayde
Warlord

PostSubject: Mr. and Mrs. Smith   Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Mr. and Mrs. Smith starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is billed as a romance, comedy, action adventure thriller. The plot is A bored married couple is surprised to learn that they are assassins hired to kill each other.

Prior to seeing this film I was already intoxicated with the idea of this story. I was really hoping for a good story to be attached to this good idea. Usually this makes me over critical about a story and I end up hating it. The only times I have been built up for movies and not hated them was when the actors did a truely outstanding job and won me over. That is when I usually truely love a movie. Again, priot to seeing this, I was 50/50. Strangely enough I like Brad Pitt but don't really like Angelina Jolie. I am one of those guys who thinks she is a puffy lipped, over exposed, untalented slut. Which I am sure will draw some fire from some guys out there who think she is super hot. But, eh, not to me.

Down to the review. In one of the scenes the two lead actors sit in an elevator and don't say a word. There is a huge silence with just the two of them standing in the elevator. Although this sounds about as fun as eating cardboard, it was hysterical. Doug Liman, who directed this film, does a great job at capturing the humor not just from cheap one liners but situations. I laughed my ass off. Its dry, tounge and cheek humor. Anyone who has ever been in a long term relationship will understand every joke thrown at the screen.

For my less educated readers.......ok......lets be real.....for the dumbasses that read this there is also some great one liner bits as well. An example is when Eddie (friend of Mr. Smith) says, "I live with my mom because I choose to. She's the only woman I've ever trusted". The trailers mislead you a bit. You are certain that the movie will be filled with explosions, bullets, hot women and more bullets flying everywhere. Actually for me, I found the situations Mr. and Mrs. smith more than made up for the lack of raw carnage that my Id usually craves.

FINAL REVIEW: It's worth the $9. Go see this movie with your significant other.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1