Horsemen of Judgment Keep

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayde
Warlord

PostSubject: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Unlike the rest of the known world who went and saw it opening day, yesterday I took my 8 year old daughter and I went and saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Brendan Gleeson, Alan Rickman, and Gary Oldman. Please don't ask me who is who...to me they are all a bunch of british kids.

In this adventure Harry does battle with giant lizards, faces the attack of the Death Eaters, and in perhaps the most difficult task of all for a 14-year-old, ask a girl to be his date at the Yule Ball.

That Harry survives these challenges goes without saying, since in the world of print his next adventures have already been published. With this fourth film, the Harry Potter saga demonstrates more than ever the resiliency of J.K. Rowling's original invention. Her novels have created a world that can expand indefinitely and produce new characters without limit. That there are schools like Hogwarts in other countries comes as news and offers many possibilities; the only barrier to the series lasting forever is Harry's inexorably advancing age.

Although this film is well done and I was entertained, I must admit, I am not a big Harry Potter fan. I can see and understand why so many people love the world Rowling has created, but for me the movies are still a bit long and predictable.

On that note, if I were a parent who had a child attending at Hogwarts I would send the following letter:

Dear Mr. Dumbledore,

As my son attends your school it has become increasingly obvious that your screening of teachers is lacking. I am very concerned for the LIFE OF MY CHILD! I speak of course about the last two dark arts teachers. Perhaps it has not occured to hiring staff at Hogwarts but perhaps those who are able to teach the "Dark Arts" might also be involved in them! Of course I would not dream of telling you how to run your school, but it does seem rather academic that professor Snape is capable of making "truth potions" why not use this during your interview process. I would imagine that those who have nothing to hide will have no problem taking the potions and those who do should be KILLED. This would have solved many of the problems revolving around Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody as well as Professor Gilderoy Lockhart.

I hope I have made my point. My lawyer should be contacting you soon.

Signed,

Concerned Parent

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1